對話原文
Aw, look at you.
瞧瞧你
Too excited about your new job to sleep?
因為新工作而興奮得睡不著覺嗎
Yup, I can't wait.
是啊 我迫不及待了
I organized my briefcase.
我整理好了我的公文包
I've got pencils, paper and a power bar for,
我?guī)Я算U筆 紙 還有能量棒
you know, power.
為了補充能量
- Good for you. - Yeah.
-真不錯 -是啊
But I'll probably get killed in a freak accident
但我可能在到辦公室之前
before I even get to the office.
就死于一場事故
Why would you say that?
你為什么要這樣說
Because that's how my life works.
因為我的生活就是這樣
I'm starting a summer job at a big law firm.
我在一家大律所開始暑期工作
This would totally be the day a plane drops out of the sky
今天絕對會有一架飛機從天而降
and squishes me like a bug.
像壓蟲子一樣把我壓扁
I see.
我懂了
今日重點:
太……以至于不能做:too……to do
公文包:briefcase
能量棒:power bar,也可以說energy bar
喪命:get killed
暑假打工:summer job
壓扁:squish
蟲子:bug。也可指“漏洞”
(來源:滬江英語)