對話原文
Let's see.
好
You got the Oak Room Burger and fries for $24.
橡樹廳漢堡加薯條 要24塊錢
Where's the booze?
酒呢
Flowing like mud around here.
上菜慢的像泥巴
A $24 hamburger?
24塊的漢堡
What's the story?
怎么搞的
What story?
什么
Are you like a rich miser or something?
你是不是個有錢的守財奴
No, I'm just your average blind man.
不是 普通瞎子罷了
Your average blind man.
普通瞎子
How do you plan on paying for all this stuff?
你怎么付這些錢呢
Crisp, clean dollars American.
用干干凈凈的美鈔
I saved up my disability checks.
我存的傷殘退休金
How much did you save?
你存了多少
I mean, we flew first class, we're at the Waldorf-Astoria...
我們坐頭等艙 還住在華爾道夫
...a $24 hamburger restaurant.
吃24塊錢的漢堡
All part of a plan, Charlie.
計劃的一部分
You want to let me in on it?
要不要告訴我
Why should I? You're not interested.
為什么要 你又不關心
You're leaving on that last shuttle out of La Guardia.
你就要坐飛機走
今日重點:
酒:booze。非正式說法
薯條:French fries或fries,美式英語中常用。而在英式英語中薯條是chips,fish and chips,炸魚薯條
守財奴:miser /?ma?z?r/
脆的:crisp。還有一個意思是英式英語中的“薯片crisps”。而美式英語中薯片是chips
頭等艙:first class
航班:shuttle。在機場坐的“擺渡車”也是這個詞
(來源:滬江英語)